If you were going to bowl the MN Women's State Bowling Tournament and didn't get to you can still get your 2020 Women's State Tournament Apparel!
With the continued threat of the Corona Virus we would all certainly agree that our lives have all been changed, and frankly in a way that none of us would have anticipated just a few months ago. Today (3/28/20), your leadership team held an emergency board meeting to consider the well-being of our members and consider what steps should be taken to ensure the the health and security of our organization's members. These are the conclusions and actions taken based on the advice of state and national sources as well as estimates shared by the CDC concerning this current pandemic.
The remainder of all 2020 Minnesota State winter tournament bowling competitions that are now suspended are CANCELLED.
This includes: the Open Tournament, Women's Tournament and the Mixed Doubles tournament (the Youth Tournament was already cancelled for 2020).
The prize fund for the tournaments will be dispersed to those who have bowled based on the standings when the tournament was suspended.
All those who have not bowled will receive reimbursement for the monies paid for registration. These reimbursements will be made and sent to the team captains of each team registered and paid for in the tournament. I would ask that our bowlers be patient about this reimbursement; we are hoping to have the reimbursements made within the next 4 weeks. Please also note; we are hoping to offer tournament competition in conjunction with the 2020 - 21 season as in past years, and invite all of our bowlers to look forward to that opportunity.
As always please watch and stay updated with our State Bowling website and the MN USBC Facebook site of our bowling organization.
Going forward we all hope and pray for the well-being of our members and hope we each exit this time of challenge without event. Also be sure to follow the advise of our government leaders to make sure we each have the very best chance of surviving this threat without illness. We look forward to seeing each and every one of our members in the future at future events.
Thank you all for your consideration and patience. Be well....
Gregg Moyer, President MN USBC
Susan Brede is the 2020 Tournament Director. Contact her by email (email@example.com) or by phone (320-763-6565) if you have any questions about reservations, entry fees, etc.
1. A “new” division has been added to the tournament. More chances to win!!
Division 1 --151 and over averages
Division 2 --135 to 150 averages
Division 3 – 134 and under averages
2. PLEASE one check or credit card per entry form.
3. A portion of the proceeds from brackets will be donated to Cancer Research.
4. PWBA Members – A maximum of 2 PWBA members may bowl on the same 4 person team. A maximum of 1 PWBA member may bowl on a doubles pair. A bowler is considered a PWBA member until 1 year removed of having their card.
5. PLEASE be on time – check-in is 30 – 45 minutes ahead of your squad time so sub changes and 10 pin adjustments can be made. Many times we start our squads early if everyone is checked in.
6. Dress Code – No halter tops, midriff blouses, spaghetti straps, daisy duke shorts, short short or short skirts. SKORTS length must be no shorter than 4 inches above the knee. You will be asked to change.
7. Unity Pin – is an OPTIONAL event for your team. IF your team would like to be considered for a Unity Pin they must meet dress requirements. REQUIREMENTS ARE: - Bowling shirts logo/designs MUST match. Jeans, slacks, pants, skirts or skorts MUST be the same color for the entire team. Wearing Twins baseball, Vikings football shirts are not considered matching attire.
8. Team captains.. it's a good practice to carry a current league standing sheet in your bowling bag or paperwork. You never know when we may need some information from that sheet.
9. The Women's Tournament has a face book page....MN Women's State Tournament, make sure to like the page to keep up with the latest news and updates.
10. Standings are posted weekly online at mnstatebowl.org. Click on Women's Championships. Standings are usually updated by Wednesday following the weekend you bowl.
A fill-able entry form is available online. If your browser does not allow you to "fill-in" the form, you may need to download one of the pdf readers listed below. If paying with credit card, please use the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or Foxit Reader if you do not currently have a digital signature to use. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and Foxit Reader will allow you to create a digital signature necessary for credit card authorization on the entry. Both of these pdf readers have versions available for Mac and Windows (10, 8.1, 7, XP).
Please follow this link to download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for free.
Please follow this link to download Foxit Reader for free.
Please save the fillable pdf file to your computer. Save the file to your computer by right clicking on the "fillable" link at left and choosing "Save target as". Once downloaded, you can fill it in, resave or print a hard copy and either send as an attachment via email or mail the printed copy.
Let us know if you have any questions regarding the fillable form.